Friday, May 9, 2008

Kicked Up Texas Fries

Kicked Up Texas Fries
  • 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes large fry cut
  • 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tbs chili powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbs brown sugar
  • salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Toss potatoes with oil, salt, and pepper. In separate bowl mix paprika, chili powder, garlic, and sugar. Toss potatoes with spice mixture. Roast for 35 minutes or until soft to the touch. These fries are my absolute favorite. Try the recipe with sweet potatoes as well.

12 comments:

Jade Is Green! said...

Oh wow. I love spicy stuff. I may just have to add an extra tbs of chilli powder though. I'm a chili fiend!

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for the comment at PCCuisine, Chef Eric! Those fries look great too. I bet the sweet potatoes ARE good. Think I will try this soon :)
Jen

michelle hays said...

I gotta try this. It sounds so delicious.

Peter M said...

These spuds scream to the PC screen, "Don't Mess With Texas"!

test it comm said...

Great looking fries! They sound really tasty.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

spicy is definitely the way to go - makes EVERYTHING even that much more flavorful. yum!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chef! Never tried roasted potatoes with brown sugar, but will have to in the near future. They look delicious! :)

Cynthia said...

I could eat a plate full of this and never miss meat :)

amycaseycooks said...

we love fries around our house. I like the addition of the spices. We will definately give these a try!!

Anonymous said...

I roast potatoes with oil, rosemary, salt but never thought they could be made with sugar too. sounds intriguing! will have to try. thanks for yet another great recipe!

Deeba PAB said...

Oooooooooooh I love these; haven't ever tried something like this with brown sugar. Adding pesto & roasted garlic adds nice flavour to oven roasted fries too!

Anonymous said...

These look awesome, trying them tonight - I have to find Hungarian paprika!