Saturday, March 8, 2008

Forbidden Rice Salad


I love to cook with forbidden rice, and when you try this recipe you will too. Forbidden rice has a nutty flavor, soft texture, and awesome purple color. My customers are lucky that I don't eat it all.
  • 5 oz. forbidden rice cooked and cooled
  • 1 bunch chopped scallion
  • 1 cup toasted pine nuts
  • 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
  • 2cups golden raisins
  • 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
  • salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl mix all the ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and serve in your favorite bowl. It doesn't get any easier than that! Forbidden rice can be found in Whole Foods , gormet food stores, or ordered directly from Lotus.com. What, if anything, would you do different?

2 comments:

Ethan said...

Hey Erik great site, can't wait until more recipes are up. I think I'm going to do the forbidden rice salad tonight. Best of luck with the site.

Chef Erik said...

Thanks Ethan,
I'm glad you had a chance to check out my site, now you can cook my food at home, just don't stop coming to the deli.